CURR ICUL UM VITAE
MarГa Lorena ZГЎrate
I happened to be created in Los Angeles Plata, Argentina on 18, 1971 november. I learned History during the nationwide University of Los Angeles Plata and had been user of this Working Group on artistic History.
Before joining the Habitat Global Coalition (HIC) in Mexico City, we struggled to obtain 7 years in Argentina as a known user associated with the modifying and publishing group when it comes to Centre for Environmental Studies and Projects Foundation (FundaciГіn CEPA, Centro de Estudios y Proyectos del Ambiente), the Latin American Forum for Environmental Studies (Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales)-UNESCO seat on Sustainable Development, while the journal Environment (Revista Ambiente).
I have already been residing in Mexico City since June 1999 and I also joined up with the HIC-Latin America (HIC-AL) local group in 2000, collaborating with Fomento Solidario de la Vivienda (FOSOVI) as well as other companies associated with Mexico Habitat Coalition (CHM). I’ve been the Coordinator regarding the HIC-Latin United states Regional workplace since 2003.
My language that is native is, we talk and write English and French, and I also understand and read Portuguese.
Regional Workplace Coordination, HIC-Latin America
Main duties consist of:
- General administration, coordination and utilization of local and worldwide tasks underneath the auspices of varied donors, as well as drafting reports that are necessary
- Organization, coordination and involvement in HIC local, nationwide and meetings that are international like the Board and General Assembly;
- Preparing, involvement and followup of HIC regional, nationwide and events that are international particularly the World Social Forum, the Americas personal Forum, plus the World Urban Form;
- Organization of training activities for HIC and networks that are related
- Ongoing communication and help for regional HIC member businesses in Latin America, plus in other areas (Spanish-, English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking people) to produce, implement, monitor and disseminate tasks and jobs in a manner that is cooperative
- Developing and strengthening of links along with other local, nationwide and worldwide systems, such as the execution and diffusion of typical tasks, such as for example promotions, occasions, studies, and publications;
- Writing center point electronic bulletins and articles for HIC regional and worldwide internet sites;
- Coordination and modifying of local, nationwide and HIC that is international, including involvement in French-Spanish, English-Spanish and Portuguese-Spanish translations.
Regional and Overseas Projects
Support towards the HIC-Latin American Regional Secretariat. Coordination of methods, agendas, action plans for social motions, technical groups, grassroots companies, NGOs, and academics to advocate for policies in popular housing and habitat , using the objective of enhancing housing conditions among low-income communities. Misereor, Germany, 2001-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, and 2010-2012.
Peoples liberties connected to habitat in Meso-America. Project developed resistance techniques for neighborhood organizations and communities threatened by the Panama Arrange as well as the probability of forced displacement and rights violations that are human. In coordination with Silvia Emanuelli (HIC-AL). Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Germany, 2003-present.
Regional Venture on Ladies and Housing: Constructing Dignity. In coordination because of the Observatori DESC (Barcelona), HIC General Secretariat and HIC-Women and Habitat system for Latin America (Red Mujer y HГЎbitat). Sustained by ACCD and DiputaciГі de Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2008.
The social creation of habitat and also the straight to housing and also to the city in Latin America: Strategic instructions for HIC action that is regional advocacy . 12 businesses and 7 cities/countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Uruguay) took part in this task, with planning, monitoring and assessment conferences in Caracas, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and BogotГЎ. Supported by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2005-2008.
Task to help advocacy procedures for policies regarding the production that is social of. Sustained by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, Sweden, 2007.
Global task from the social manufacturing of habitat: Conceptual development, situation studies, help instruments and general public policy advocacy. The task included HIC that is diverse and HIC figures in the centre East, Africa, Asia, European countries and Latin America. InWent, Germany, 2003-2005.
Regional task to bolster civil society for the understanding of individual legal rights associated with habitat. 10 businesses and 5 cities/countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico y Uruguay. Preparing, monitoring and assessment conferences in Buenos Aires, MГ©xico, and Los Angeles Paz. Supported by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2003-2005.
Г– Participated into the core group for the HIC evaluation that is institutional evaluated the dwelling for the coalition, including HIC-Latin America (June 2006-April 2007). Organization and involvement in workshops at global and levels that are regional in addition to planning of industry visits. Associated with developing terms of guide for assessment as well as in coordinating an element of the assessment documentвЂ™s translation that is final.
Г– Organization, coordination and followup of HIC internal conferences at local and nationwide amounts in Latin America, also adding to international coalition conferences.
Г– Development, outreach and strengthening of links with companies, motions and companies that work on habitat and housing problems regionally and internationally. Among alternative activities, this consists of general public notices, press outreach, general public activities, promotions, document development, urgent action appeals, magazines and action-research.